Q Applied Systems is a manufacturers representative for Flo-Pac a manufacturer of a complete line of modular coil hook-up components designed specifically for HVAC applications. The Flo-Pac product offerings include automatic balancing valves, manual balancing valves, stainless steel hose kits, hydronic coil hook-up kits, high performance venturi balancing valves and accessories.
Flo-Pac Automatic Flow Limiting Valves and Manual Balance Valves
When planning or installing your HVAC system, choosing between an automatic or manual balancing valve is not always clear. While each device offers particular advantages, some are a more reliable alternative than others. Even with myriad choices, an automatic flow limiting valve is usually the optimal decision. At Q Applied Systems, we are proud to represent Flo-Pac for engineered systems and solutions for commercial and industrial operations. Flo-Pac manufactures a complete line of flow meter fittings, including modular coil hook-up components for HVAC applications.
Unique Features of Flo-Pac Automatic Balancing Valves
Balance occurs in a water flow system when the flow corresponds to the system flow rates. If balance is not reached, the cooling or heating effect intended by the system may not be obtained. Balancing valves are the only way to ensure this because it is not possible to regulate flow by manipulating just the pipes. While manual valves may be ideal for most projects, the following situations demonstrate that selecting automatic flow limiting valves can balance and improve your water system:
- Manual balancing valve systems require complete calibration of the flow pressure to produce balance. An automatic balancing valve automatically adjusts to varying flow rates to produce the ideal balance for the system, even under fluctuating pressure.
- Cost and simplicity. Automatic balancing valves keep the system running effectively, require less maintenance, and are easier to install.
- Practical placement of units throughout the system. Although a system equipped with manual balancing valves needs a valve unit at every terminal, it also requires an automatic balancing valve at each terminal to simplify maintenance and decrease costs.
- Increased flexibility. Using automatic balancing valves allows for easy adjustments, expansion, and completion in segments.
- Energy costs due to increasing and decreasing room temperatures. The amount of energy lost because of a heating or water chilling system whose valves are not correctly aligned to keep the system in balance can be tremendous. The system will respond by sharply reducing flow, prompting the room temperature to fall and rise abruptly.
Employing automatic balancing valves eliminates a vast array of problems, satisfying the maintenance personnel, installer, and environment. Installing water cooling or heating systems is unquestionably a challenging job, but here at Q Applied Systems, we are confident that choosing Flo-Pac automatic balancing valves will undoubtedly decrease costs.
Available Flo-Pac Products and Accessories
The new style automatic flow control (AFL) valve can identify flow by interpreting the pressure differential across the valve. The unique highlights include a feature for measuring flow where sustainable and verifiable energy savings are beneficial. In addition to AFL valves, Flo-Pac also provides:
- Manual balancing valves
- Hook-up components
- Flow meter fittings
- Other accessories
If you want to save energy, earn LEED points, and obtain an accurate balance, trust Flo-Pac and Q Applied Systems for a verifiable AFL valve.
What makes Flo-Pac products unique?
- Product Quality – All Flo-Pac products are manufactured utilizing a forging process, not from castings, thereby minimizing potential leaks. Valves and components are rated to 600 PSIG / 4140 kPa. @ 250° F (120° C).
- Superior Performance – Unlike most competitor’s valves, Flo-Pac manual balancing valves have been tested by an independent laboratory using NIST traceable instruments. Flo-Pac balancing valves are certified to have accuracy of +/- 3% of actual flow rate. Repeatability +/- 0.25.
Contact Us Today
Q Applied Systems has been servicing the HVAC needs of major corporations for over 25 years. For more information on Flo-Pac modular coil hook-up components or to discuss your specific application call us at 858-435-2236 or complete our form and someone will be in touch soon.